Questions that are
Frequently Asked


Have more questions?

Do I need a California hunting license?

Yes, you will need a current California Hunting License w/  Upland bird stamp or Non – resident Daily or Yearly license.

What's required for me to hunt?
  • A California Hunting License w/  Upland bird  stamp or Non – resident Daily or Yearly license.
  • Blaze orange required either hat, vest, or hunting shirt?
  • Gun
  • Ammo
  • Great attitude and be ready to have some safe and exciting fun!
What do you recommend that I bring with me?
  • Shotgun sizes 12 or 20 gauge / improved cylinder & modified
  • (Steel Shot) #5, 6, or 7 for Pheasant, Chukar, and Quail hunts.
  • Shooting glasses
  • Comfy boots or shoes
  • Vest and Orange hat (We also have both available if needed)
  • Ice chest for birds (We also have Ice Chests Available. Let us know ahead of time)
Can I bring my own dog? What if I don't have a gundog of my own?

You are welcome to bring your own Dogs to our club! If you do not have a dog you will need to reserve a Pro Dog Handler (not required for Dove or Turkey hunts). Pro Dog Handler and Dogs for a half day 4 hour hunt is $200. For reservations click here.

Should we tip our Pro Dog Handler?

Absolutely! When your Dog and Handler Team do a great job for you it’s always appreciated to reward their Super Service  with a generous tip!

What is your youth policy?

Youth hunters under the age of 18 who have passed their Hunter Safety Course and are fully licensed are welcome at Woodland’s Hunt Club under the supervision of a hunting party adult.

Can you accommodate hunters with special needs?

We will make every effort to accommodate all hunters with disabilities or special needs. Please make us aware of these situations when you book your hunt date. We’re happy to include hunters that are not mobile but can sit or stand and shoot.

How do I order birds and schedule my hunt?

For information on How do I order birds and schedule my hunt click here…

Contact Us To Schedule Your Hunt Today!